Jiffy Products has been making earth friendly peat pots for over 50 years.
Jiffy pots are 100% compostable and approved for organic production
Besides being earth friendly, you get …Cost Savings
- Roots grow through the pot wall naturally and are air pruned stimulating stronger, more fibrous root development than in plastic pots.
- There is no need to ‘de-pot’ before potting on or planting out—the Jiffy Pot goes with the young plant.
- Establishment after potting on is quicker as there is no root disturbance, so the growing period is normally reduced by several weeks.
- No recycling or disposal costs are incurred.
Reduced Water Consumption
- Quicker rooting is achieved because temperature fluctuations in the root zone are reduced and the average root zone temperature is 1 degree higher than in plastic pots.
- The ability to retain moisture in the pot wall can reduce water consumption by up to 20% compared to plastic pots, when used in conjunction with shuttle tray. This allows for shorter or less frequent irrigation cycles.